Our vision : a world without hunger
Among one billion people suffering from hunger two thirds are farmers and their families who mainly live in developing countries. Those families have no access to a quantitatively and qualitatively sufficient alimentation.This is particularly due to their poverty. The NGO SOS Faim fights against this unacceptable situation.
Our mission : to support farmer agriculture and its actors
The main goal pursued by the NGO SOS Faim is to reduce hunger and poverty in the rural area:
- by supporting farmer agriculture and its actors in developing countries, namely by enhabling them to carry out concrete and efficient actions in order to improve their income and to defend their interests. SOS Faim supports mainly farmer organisations, as well as microfinance institutions.
- by raising awareness in Northern populations in order to influence policies having an impact on hunger and poverty in developing countries.
Our values : partnership, solidarity, community approach
The mission carried out by SOS Faim is embedded in a solidarity and community approach framework. Solidarity, which is evidenced by partnerships in the spirit of equality. Solidarity which is evidenced as well by the support of thousands of loyal donors. A Community approach which aims at raising awareness and mobilize a network of Belgian citizens in order to transfer the demands of our Southern partners to the Belgian, Luxemburgish and European authorities.
SOS Faim in a few figures
- Two independent NGOs for development created in Belgium in 1964 and in Luxembourg in 1993
- More than 80 partners in 12 African and Latin American countries
- Two teams (24 persons) follow up projects, handle financial matters, raise funds and sensibilise the northern population and authorities
- With the support of more than 15,000 donors in two countries.