Funding family farming in Burkina Faso
The APFI association was born in 2011 from the merger of two networks active in two different regions of the country. It is one of the few MFIs (microfinance institutions) operating in Burkina Faso to have obtained the approval of the financial authorities.
With 45,000 members, it develops 95% of its activities in rural areas. It wants to invest in the agricultural sector and respond as best as possible to the financial needs of family farmers.
APFI &SOS Faim
The partnership between APFI and SOS Faim began in 2018.
SOS Faim funds the expenses related to :
- The computerisation of the network
- The use of specialised microfinance software
- The opening of new branches
What prospects ?
These are the objectives APFI is planning to achieve in the coming years :
- Reinforcement of the organisation to have access to commercial funding (banks)
- Enhancement of the services provided to producers
- Extension of the area of intervention
The activities of our partner APFI have been greatly affected by the humanitarian and security crisis that has been raging in the north of the country since 2018. However, our partner has circumvented this problem by redeploying its activities to calmer areas.